Assisting in managing the tax risk of SIA Group by reviewing contracts/agreements to ensure that a favourable tax position is in place; helping with tax optimization through identifying and evaluating tax saving opportunities; assisting in other tax related matters including statutory tax reporting, tax advisory, tax planning and tax compliance.
The successful candidate will be joining our Taxation Department, assisting in overseeing the Company’s and its subsidiaries’ global taxation matters, reporting to and working in close collaboration with Vice President Taxation.
• Provide tax advisory and tax structuring support to our business units and subsidiaries on a wide range of issues including but not limited to acquisitions, divestments, amalgamations, business transfers, mergers, debt financing, aircraft financing, new products and/or services, partnerships, new business models.
• Assist in managing the full spectrum of Singapore and overseas corporate tax compliance and tax reporting functions for the Company and the subsidiaries, including preparation and review of tax computations and/or returns.
• Identify tax risk factors, monitor and mitigate such risks.
• Identify, evaluate and implement tax process improvement initiatives and/or tax technology solutions.
• Identify, evaluate and implement tax recovery efforts, tax saving initiatives and tax incentives.
• Possess a good university degree, preferably with Honours in Accounting, Finance or Economics or an equivalent professional qualification recognised by ISCA and/or SiATP.
• Possess a minimum of 2 years Singapore corporate tax experience, ideally with a Big 4 Accounting Firm and/or Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
• Able to work independently, collaboratively and under tight deadlines.
• Possess strong interpersonal, research, analytical and report writing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and written/spoken English.