We have multiple junior and
senior data engineering positions available. The Data Analytics Engineer is
responsible for designing and developing robust, scalable data pipelines, data
marts and business intelligence dashboards to be used across Singapore
- Understand business processes, applications and how data is created, stored and gathered in Singapore Airlines.
- Use big data tools and platforms to create and maintain data pipelines, making sure pipelines are robust, scalable, and reliable. Troubleshoot and rectify issues with data pipelines as necessary.
- Build expertise and domain knowledge on the data. Establish and own the data quality and SLA for various data flows.
- Explore, analyse, and aggregate various types of data to provide business insights to the data team stakeholders. Create compelling story and visualisation to convey these insights. Ask right and inquisitive questions of the data to deliver analytics solution to the business.
- Design, build and manage data marts to satisfy our growing data needs.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field. MS or PhD degree is a plus.
- Python development experience in production environment is required.
- More than 2 years of SQL (such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, AWS Redshift, or Hive) experience is required. NoSQL experience is a plus.
- More than 2 years working with Linux OS. Knowledge of networks and cybersecurity is a plus.
- Experience working with infrastructure-as-code systems like AWS CloudFormation. DevOps and AWS experience is a plus.
- Experience in working with a commercial ETL tools like Ab Initio would be a plus.
- Experience in ETL pipeline design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience working with visualization tools (specifically Tableau would be preferred).
- Ability in analysing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Ability in managing and communicating data mart plans to internal customers.