The successful candidate will join the Operations & Enterprise (Flight Management) department in SIA Information Technology Division. He/She will drive the critical developments of "Operational Control Systems".
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review and analyse business requirements.
- Digitize key operation processes and support total mission management.
- Design and Develop Restful API / Webservices for mission critical operations and digital channels supporting high transactional volumes and large dataset.
- Deliver and Integrate Microservices with web and mobile applications.
- Follow Agile Software methodologies for development.
- Liaise with vendors for implementation of enhancements and track prompt resolution of system issues.
- Provide application support which will include defining/reviewing business requirement for enhancements and taking responsibility of system integration, testing, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents reported for the systems.
- Track and identify feasible airline applications, key technology trends and technologies for awareness, and potential adoption by the business.
- Possess a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields.
Strong analytical, project management, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in software development methodologies such as Agile and SDLC, as well as digital development platforms, tools and deployment technologies.
- Some degree of capability in other areas (network, servers, operating systems, security, middleware, and open source software such as JBoss and Hadoop) will also be advantageous.
- Willing to learn and experiment on new technologies to support operational use.
- Ability to manage vendors to ensure standards & timely delivery.
- Experience in cloud computing platform - AWS.
- Knowledge and/or experience in applying Design thinking methodology.
- Knowledge / practical experience in digital UI/UX domain is preferred.