The successful candidate will join the Overseas Accounting Department in SIA Finance Division.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Internal control
• Review and complete monthly accounts receivable, accounts payable, accruals, cash audit checklist, highlight and follow through any abnormalities with accountant and stations.
• Monitor and liaise with stations to ensure they have followed the procedures and policies stipulated in the Finance Manual in their accounting processes.
• Assists to support queries from stations on arising basis.
2. Month-end closing
• Assist with review of station month-end financial closing activities.
3. Credit Control
• Follow up with stations on defaulted debts/aged debts to provide provisions for doubtful debt.
4. General Ledger
• Monitor and ensure prompt clearance of suspense account. As and when required, to assist station in posting the accounting entries for account clearance.
5. Accountable document
• Review station’s submission of annual Accountable Document Control (“ADC”) representation letter.
6. Budget and Forecasting
• Business partner with station Business Units (“BUs”) on variance analysis of station’s operational expense incurred and query station for explanations.
• Review stations’ submissions of their quarterly Budgetary Control Statement (“BCS”) reports.
• Assist in station’s operating budget exercise on an annual basis.
7. Operational Accounting
• Assist station’s request for billing to subsidiaries or third parties upon request.
• Handle station’s request of new SAP access in conjunction with the Segregation of Duty (“SOD”) matrix updated to flag out discrepancies.
• Keep track of Business Process Outsourcing vendor’s Key Performance Indicator (“KPI”) to ensure they are within the targets set.
• Participate in User Acceptance Testing (“UAT”) for system enhancements.
• Other assignments and projects as assigned from time to time.
• Possess a Diploma in Accountancy or similar.
• Meticulous, self-driven and able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Able to work under pressure and perform under tight datelines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office – Excel & Word.
• Both fresh diploma holders and candidates with work experience are welcome to apply.