The successful candidate will join the Application Services (Passenger Servicing System) department in SIA Information Technology Division. He/She will be assigned to assist various
Customer Service agile squads, as required, to accelerate new product and
Key Responsibilities include:
- Initiate design and development of new applications.
- Design and implement Continuous Integration / Continuous
- Design and develop new features for both new and existing
- Deliver and integrate Microservices with web and mobile
- Provide technical input to assist product owners to and refine
- Create and maintain software documentation, including detailed
technical design, low level design and test scripts.
- Write automated unit, feature and regression test suites.
- Ensure code upholds the best practices for security, data
protection and reliability.
- Any relevant ad-hoc duties.
- Possess a degree in Information Technology or related fields.
- At least 3 years of broad range of software development
- Strong Java experience for server side development, including
hands on experience developing and consuming Restful API’s and webservices.
- End to End integration experience of Microservices / webservices
with front end systems (websites, mobile etc.).
- Good understanding of agile methodology and design thinking as
well as source code control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiar with programming practices such as Test Driven
- Experience with SQL and relational and non-relational Databases
(e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra).
- Experience with
The following will be highly regarded:
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying microservices
- Experience in building highly available, performant and scalable clustered
services using Docker, Kubernetes or Open Shift.
- Experience in node.js development.
- Experience in deploying with cloud based services and
deployments, such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with web front end framework such as React, Vue or
- A proven ability to adapt to new development languages and environments.