The successful candidate will join the Passenger Revenue Control Department in SIA Finance Division. He/She will lead and manage the Revenue Recovery Unit in Passenger Revenue Control department jointly with 2 other Accountants/Analysts. He/She will also lead a team of 2 to 3 associates and works closely with overseas branches, IT and Commercial Divisions as well as BPO/audit vendors in compliance with accounting standards, Company’s sales audit policy and industry and/or regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Joint management of the team of 7 associates to deliver the unit’s work outcome as well as his/her assigned specialty functional tasks.
- Ensure timely detection and recovery of revenue leakages arising from ticket sales and refunds, and address anomalies in revenue accounting flow that may compromise on controls.
- Liaise with outsourced audit vendors and/or the vendor supporting our revenue accounting system (IPRA).
- Work with Projects/IT business units in conceptualising, testing and implementing enhancements to the Revenue Accounting modules they own, automating work processes to improve efficiency and/or address gaps in the revenue accounting processes as well as conduct systems testing to facilitate the delivery of commercial initiatives and industry changes.
- Where changes impact on Finance’s business processes, he/she is expected to develop and conduct the change management process for the Unit.
- University degree in accounting or business administration
- Prior experience in compliance work and/or working knowledge of the airline or hospitality industry would be advantageous
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous & task-oriented
- Active team-player
- Good time management skills