The successful candidate will join the Maintenance Operations department in SIA Engineering Division. Reporting to Manager Maintenance Operations, the Maintenance Controller is primarily responsible to provide 24-hr round-the-clock technical advice, support Technical Handling Agents servicing SIA and SIA subsidiary airline’s aircraft at all line stations.
Key responsibilities includes:
• Constant monitoring of technical status of aircraft during flight for any defects or technical issues that are encountered. The Job holder is to provide technical expertise and recommendations to flight crew for aircraft during flight as well as technical assistance and instructions to Technical Handling Agents (THA) at all overseas stations in rectifying defects at the first opportune ground time.
• Work with all THAs in managing the flight, flight delays and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) situations.
• Work with all other Engineering Departments, SIA Operations Control Centre and other SIA Divisions in managing flight, flight delays and AOG situations.
• Source and track AOG / station spares usage and spare loan.
• Act as the focal point of Engineering matters for SIA daily operations.
• Troubleshoot defects encountered in Line Station.
• Ensure that all Technical Documents, paper and electronic version used are up to date.
• Monitoring of planned work and unplanned rectification work being done on night-stopped or stayover aircraft.
• Generate reports on all technical delays and aircraft ground incidents.
The candidate should be a Licensed Aircraft Engineer and should have:
• Experience in line work, preferably 10 yrs experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as the job requires interaction various user departments
• Excellent planning and organisation skills and be able to work independently
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• This position requires working on shift, 24/7
• Good IT skills