Accounting/Finance - Accountant Payrolls Projects (2-year Contract)
The successful candidate will join the Payrolls Department in SIA Finance Division. He/She will be the main contact and liaison for all Payrolls projects. He/She will provide support relating to business process and system changes to ensure compliance with regulatory, accounting and company’s policies.
- Act as the liaison between Payrolls and the various Business Units (e.g. Human Resource Department, overseas station users) for all Payrolls related projects.
- Review and identify the impact the initiatives have on payrolls and financial accounting.
- Identify and establish the affected business process and the system changes required to ensure compliance with all regulatory and industry reporting standards.
- Ensure that there are sufficient mitigating measures and controls to reduce any financial risk and exposure identified.
- Liaise with operational team, Business Units and vendor/IT Department on any issues encountered and ensure resolution of all the outstanding issues.
- Manage Business Units and vendor/IT Department to ensure that any required changes would be delivered as per the specification and agreed schedule.
- Provide user stories, test scripts/scenarios and perform User Acceptance Tests (UAT) for all payroll related projects.
- Document the changes required and ensure that the Payrolls staff and Business Units are updated with the business process and system changes.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining the processes and areas for process improvements
- Provide post implementation support to ensure that all projects are implemented as designed.
- Degree in Accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification recognised by ISCA or ACCA qualifications.
- Knowledge of SAP FICO or SAP HR/Payrolls systems will be an advantage.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective communications and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player.