The successful candidate will join the Information Technology department in SIA.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Working in an agile team responsible for developing and maintaining Kris, the SIA Chatbot.
• Working with the product owner to assess and size new feature requests.
• Understanding business requirements, propose solution design options and work on the decided option for implementation.
• Writing new dialogs and features, integrating with various other SIA systems.
• Ensuring the chatbot meets business, security and performance requirements.
• Writing automated unit, feature and regression test suites.
• Participating in maintenance and support activities.
• Any relevant ad-hoc duties.
• This is an individual contributor role.
• Possess a degree in Information Technology or related fields
• Have at least 1 year hands-on experience in developing server side applications using Node.js and associated tools.
• Experience with back end technologies and protocols such as HTTP, REST, XML, JSON, and publishing and consuming API's.
• Experience working with RDBMS (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
• Good knowledge and/or experience with Agile methodologies/practices, especially Scrum.
• Strong awareness of security considerations/best practices for web facing applications.
• A strong interest in learning new technology and tools.
The following will be highly regarded:
• Experience in CI/CD, test automation and knowing Cucumber is a bonus.
• AWS & Microsoft Azure hosted software deployment.
• Familiarity with DialogFlow & BotFramework is a plus (DialogFlow documentation: https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/docs/)
• Strong communication skills and an early adopter mindset highly regarded.
• Experience in customer facing applications for large organizations.
• An openness to participating in other projects when required.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, Critical and analytical thinking.