The successful candidate will be part of the Financial Planning & Control department in Finance Division.
The successful candidate will take up one of the following roles within Finance Division:
1. Financial Control
• Monitor, review and post monthly accruals for expenditure items. Handle divisions' queries on expenditure accounting. Review and monitor provision accounts and work with divisions/stations to clear provision/suspense accounts.
• Accounting of assets, including capitalization of assets, monitoring progress payment and clearing suspense accounts and disposal of assets.
• Assist in budgetary control procedures (for example, monitoring of operating expenditure against budget, and monitoring of project spent against capital expenditure budget)
• Assist in annual operating/capital expenditure budget exercise and/or rolling forecast exercise.
• Assist Payments Accountant in day-to-day operations by ensuring that payments are made on timely and accurately. Executing and monitoring payment runs for accounts payable and treasury workflow in SAP.
• Accounting and monitoring of airline invoices/third party invoices/subsidiary invoices billed to SIA. Ensure that invoices are verified and approved for payment before processing payment.
• Fuel invoices verification and processing. Monitor and ensure data entry of fuel receipts by stations are completed on a timely basis. Verification of fuel invoices billed to SIA, ensure that payment is made promptly. Verify fuel hedging details in Fuel Hedging System and confirmation of deals with counter parties for fuel hedging contracts.
• Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
• Able to work independently, collaboratively and under tight deadlines.
• Adaptable to changes and a problem solver.
• Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of SAP will be advantageous.