The successful candidate will be part of the Corporate Accounts & Projects department in Finance Division.
1) SIA’s accounting functions
- Prepare bank reconciliations for Head Office bank accounts, through import of electronic bank statements, or via manual data entry.
- Monitor and investigate reconciling items in the bank reconciliations.
- Investigate and follow up on discrepancies between bank statements and GL accounts.
- Liaise with Treasury/Payments team to clear open items in the bank reconciliations and send reminders to respective personnel for long outstanding items in the bank reconciliations.
- Review and maintain records of bank advices.
- Prepare and upload monthly IATA and BT rates; perform checks on the uploaded rates in SAP.
- Prepare monthly audit logs to check for unauthorised changes in exchange rates.
- Assist in compilation of data and analysis for monthly movement in exchange gain/loss (Statement of exchange).
- Compile data for monthly flash and forecast from subsidiaries’ submission.
- Assist with notes to disclosure in the year-end financial statements.
2) Subsidiaries’ accounting functions
- Prepare month-end schedules
- Prepare monthly accounts and bank reconciliations
- Post monthly JVs into SAP
- Prepare customer/ vendor accounting where necessary
- Arrange settlement of inter-company accounts to SIA
- Clear outgoing payment and incoming receipts of cheques/ Giro in SAP
- Assist with notes to accounts in the year-end financial statements
3) Statistical surveys
- Prepare statistical returns, including but not limited to International Trade in Services Survey (Annual), Survey of Services (Annual) and Survey on National Income Estimates (Quarter), with inputs from other departments or divisions.
4) Other adhoc duties
- Assist with internal and external audit queries.
- To assist with adhoc UAT in relation to the abovementioned scope of work (e.g. bank reconciliation).
- To assist the accountants in ad-hoc projects, and any other duties as and when assigned.
- Diploma in Accounting
- Knowledge of SAP FICO and work experience in finance or accounting function preferred.
- Experience in preparation of bank reconciliations will be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Self-driven, able to work independently and in a team, and perform well under pressure.
- Well organized, meticulous and analytical