successful candidate will join the Corporate Accounts & Projects Department
in SIA Finance Division. You will perform financial reporting on General Ledger
accounts for Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”) to ensure accurate monthly and
quarterly closing of accounts and reporting.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Perform monthly and yearly closing of accounts, review of accounts and balance sheet analysis to ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of balance sheet position of the Company and Group.
• Review monthly bank reconciliation to ensure proper reconciliation and ensure there are no long outstanding items.
- Ensure cash and bank balances are free from material misstatement.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on new bank accounts and enhancements
• Prepare the Quarter and year-end close reporting and ensure that internal and external mandatory reporting deadlines are met.
• Prepare information input required for SGXNET submission and board papers
• Own the General Ledger module and maintain SAP and any non-SAP aspects of the module.
• Oversee and participate in projects involving SAP enhancements to GL module
• Provide assistance for the internal and external statutory audits and IT audits.
• Provide 5-year Cash flow projections to inter-departments for use in Board papers.
• Ensure Share-based plans and share-related accounts are correctly accounted for and reported accurately and timely.
• Ensure Share-based disclosures are reported accurately.
• Ensure that Statistical returns provided to Singapore Department of statistics are accurate.
• Preparation of Annual Report.
• Manage the Chart of Accounts for the Company and the Group.
• Maintain the accounts for Sing-Bi Funds.
• Supervise General Ledger supporting staff.
• University Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy with minimum 2 years experience in Accounting or Audit
• SAP knowledge will be beneficial
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Team player and committed towards meeting deadlines
• Meticulous and able to work under pressure
• Resourceful in developing solutions and deployment of technology in resolving problems