The successful candidate will develop a strategic and comprehensive beverage programme that aims to position Singapore Airlines as the industry leader to delight customers through a highly-curated selection of top quality wines and champagnes; and a range of other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that promises quality and variety. Key Responsibilities include:
•Conceptualise, plan and implement the beverage programme throughout the SIA network.
•Strategize and plan the SIA Wine Programme: -
- Strategize & deploy wines to match route & passenger profiles to attain optimal customer satisfaction.
- Plan monthly beverage menus to ensure quality & variety in beverage offerings.
Maintain a monthly overview of each wine label served.
- Maintain annual consumption of each label of wine via the network.
Ensure continuity of supply for each label or vintage through inventory management.
Work with Procurement on contracts, purchases & inventory matters.
- Work with Material Planning to ensure smooth deployment & logistics for the positioning of wines both in Singapore and at overseas stations.
Strategize and plan the Beverage Programme: -
- Propose new beverage projects in line with market trends & customer satisfaction.
- Engage relevant stakeholders (stations and cabin crew) to understand service constraints and procedures while developing new concepts and ideas.
Conduct relevant trials for time & motion studies for project development cycle.
Identify new beverage trends and assess suitability for inflight.
Source for the appropriate vendors/suppliers.
- Negotiate and work with partners to implement new ideas inflight.
•Monitor feedback channels for beverage offerings; review and develop action plans to address constraints or limitations.
• Work with relevant stakeholders such as caterer and IT on projects that improve cabin crew procedures, inventory management and stock management.
•Possess a good degree preferably in Hospitality Service or Hotel Management.
• Experience as a Sommelier is preferred.
•Candidate with Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service is preferred.
•Possess knowledge of various drinks recipes and beverage service standards.
•Beverage Procurement Experience would be advantageous but not essential.
•Those with previous guest relations service/hospitality experience will have an advantage.
•Is meticulous, analytical and possess strong problem-solving skills.
•Has effective interpersonal and communication skills.
•Proficient in use of IT systems including Microsoft Office suite.