The successful candidate(s) will take up one of the following roles within Finance Division:
1. Financial Control
• Monitor, review and post monthly accruals for expenditure items. Handling Divisions' queries on expenditure accounting. Review and monitor provision accounts and work with Divisions/Stations to clear provision/suspense accounts.
• Accounting of assets, including capitalization of assets, monitoring progress payment and clearing suspense accounts and disposal of assets.
• Assist Payments Accountant in day-to-day operations, ensuring that payments are made on timely and accurately. Executing and monitoring payment runs for accounts payable and treasury workflow in SAP.
• Accounting and monitoring of airline invoices/third party invoices/subsidiary invoices billed to SIA. Ensure that invoices are verified and approved for payment before processing payment.
3. General Ledger
• Preparation of bank reconciliations for Head Office bank accounts, through import of electronic bank statements, or via manual data entry. Monitor and investigate reconciliation items, and clear open items. Review and maintain records of bank advices.
• Prepare and upload monthly exchange rates, check on uploaded rates in SAP.
• Prepare annual operating and capital expenditure budget and prepare reports for submission.
4. Payrolls Processing
• Processing of Payroll Data – New Joiners/Departures/Deceased etc, creation of functional allowances and processing active records before Payroll Close. Perform payroll accuracy checks.
• Report employment income tax via IR21 for foreign employees to IRAS.
• Prepare and send salary statements after payroll run to posted staff.
• Assist System Planner in testing for bug fixes, system enhancements and other adhoc duties assigned by Accountants/Manager.
5. Revenue Protection Unit
• Assist the Fraud Analyst in investigation of credit card payment fraud and ticket purchase abuse by customers.
• Facilitate and follow-up with frontline business units in write-off of losses arising from ticketing and/or payment frauds.
6. Passenger Incentive
• Perform QC checks to ensure the incentive schemes are created accurately and on a timely basis by stations in the Incentives System.
• Perform QC checks to that incentives payments given to agents are made accurately.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Possesses a Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
• Able to work independently, collaboratively and under tight deadlines.
• Adaptable to changes and a problem solver.
• Good inter-personal skills and communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of SAP will be advantageous.